By default the Poly Cloud Relay is configured to support network setup via DHCP. We recommend changing this to static IP addressing and configuring other system settings.
The following settings are required:
- DNS: Your DNS server needs to be able to resolve both external and internal addresses.
- NTP Server: The Poly Cloud Relay communicates via APIs that are time-sensitive. Configure the relay to use one or more NTP servers to ensure it remains in sync.
- In your VM environment, power on the recently installed Poly Cloud Relay virtual machine.
- Access the console.
- Click in the console window, press Enter if necessary to see the login prompt, and log in with your User ID and Password. If this is your first time logging in, the default User ID is polycom and the Password is polycom. You are prompted to change these.
- Select the Configure option to configure the Poly Cloud Relay system.
- Configure DNS, hostname, network and NTP server settings. DNS is mandatory to complete the configuration.
- If using DHCP, verify that the network settings are correct.
- When adding an NTP server, add one or more NTP servers either by IP or hostname.
- When finished, exit the console.